Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

pioneer hu problem

holyniht
06-29-2004, 07:52 PM
i just installed a pioneer deh-p4100 radio in my civic. if i leave the ignition in the on position, and run the radio, my battery ends up getting drained. Its not my alternator cause i did the alternator test, and the car kept running. if i run the radio for say 10 min, teh car wont start and i got 2 get a jump. :screwy: any idea where the problem might lay.the wiring to my knowledge is correct. need help bad :eek7:

sofast
06-29-2004, 09:12 PM
sounds to me like a weak battery. Take it to Autozone. They will test it for free

PaulD
06-30-2004, 05:28 PM
bad wiring would just allow the stereo to draw less current than normal. If your battery is more 3 years old, get a new one and cut your losses.

holyniht
06-30-2004, 06:14 PM
yeah it was a bad battery, went 2 autozone and go a new 1, but then the radio refuses 2 turn on, like a fuse is blown, so im like fuck it just my luck.

PaulD
06-30-2004, 09:27 PM
you have probably blown a fuse somewhere

holyniht
06-30-2004, 10:44 PM
yeah thats what i think, but the lil 10 amp fuse behind the radio isnt blown, but a friend of mine said it might be a fuse inside the radio.

holyniht
07-01-2004, 12:10 PM
anybody familiar with pioneer hu that have the dfs alarm feature. its basically the radios own alarm mechanism. i from what i read its sounds through tehr adio speakers, but i wonder does it disable teh radio from further use till, say a process is done or sumthing like that. its just weird that the radio would just stop working out the blue. any idea????

ponchonutty
07-02-2004, 06:57 AM
anybody familiar with pioneer hu that have the dfs alarm feature. its basically the radios own alarm mechanism. i from what i read its sounds through tehr adio speakers, but i wonder does it disable teh radio from further use till, say a process is done or sumthing like that. its just weird that the radio would just stop working out the blue. any idea????
No, the alarm won't make the stereo stop working. I'd check power to the back of the plug on the stereo then trace back from there. There was on some Pioneers that had this little black thing on the red power wire. Well, those usually go bad easily. If you see it, wire around it.

Add your comment to this topic!