Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where to start on engine rebuild

4GZChatch
06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey all, I just acquired a b18a that I plan on building up for my crx. I want to have it bored out to 2.0L and put boost to it. I plan on tearing the block down completely and rebuilding after having the machine work done. Is there anything I need to watch out for, or keep in a certain order, or such to make it go back together easily? I definitely plan on replacing the bearings and getting head studs, but have never done a full rebuild before, so I could use some advice!

Thanks in advance!

Beyond Imagination
06-29-2004, 11:59 AM
having a helms manual really helps.

crxlvr
06-29-2004, 03:02 PM
dont mix up the pistons/bearings and shit, they need to go back into the motor in the same spot they came out, or else some extra machine work will be needed. triple check all torque settings and sequences before you actually wrench on it, having a gasket burst on you when you first start the car will be no fun. have all the tools needed before you start, and trust me, you will need alot of specialty tools as well, im just finishing my b16a buildup, ive been working on it for almost 1yr and a 1/2. but now its ready for the car. good luck.

4GZChatch
06-29-2004, 07:13 PM
ok, so you mentioned torque sequences... will i find that in a helm's manual? I suppose I'll just take everything apart and put it in ziplock bags or something and mark them to keep them separate.

snowman2005
06-29-2004, 08:42 PM
make sure to measure everythign, pistons etc to make sure to see what fits best where and what goes where. do a search on the net on building up of honda enignes might help alot

Add your comment to this topic!