Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Volvo repair costs please?

valex
06-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Hello I am thinking of buying an older volvo between 1989 and 1992. I will be using the car to go to universaty about 50km away from my place and also to go to work. I would like to know if the cost of repair of a volvo is expensive comparing to honda or toyota?

Thank you!

Alex

xdelirious45x
10-09-2004, 08:20 AM
the repair costs will be more expensive than honda or toyota. The thing about volvo's is that they are not a popular vehicle in the US. They are a european based car. Therefore, you always hear about hondas, toyotas, & mitsubishi vehicles first.
If it is an older vehicle, I would inspect the vehicle for rust, damage, etc. The good thing about Volvo's is the older cars run forever. I have a 1989 740 turbo wagon. I purchased it from a mechanic's brother. (Had to be in good shape). It had 180k miles on it. It ran great. Since I bought the vehicle I did so many engine performance upgrades. I figured the engine might be too old, it might not be able to handle the power. However, I was wrong. It was blowing by all the hondas and toyotas and the rest of the rice burners out there.
Inspect the older vehicle first, if it's maintained well, it might be the last car you'll ever drive. HAHA

Add your comment to this topic!