Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Subaru WRX conversion

ZxJUNxZ
06-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Hola~ Everyone! I think I will be getting a 1994 Subaru Impreza WRX but it seems to be auto but I want a Manual.
So I was wandering if it is possible to convert auto to a manual?
If so would it be different to a normal WRX manual?
What is the difference?

And most importantly WRX have an upgrade version of an WRX called WRX STI (subaru technica Internation) and STI have better performance. If I take same parts from STI and put in the WRX would it be the same? Yes or no and WHY?

OneManTuner
06-28-2004, 10:54 PM
First off, an auto to manual swap just takes time and effort. As long as you get the same parts, it should all be the same.

The second part of your post doens't make compute at all with the logic in my head. I might be crazy, but I think I'm better off calling you crazy.

You say you have a WRX, then you say you have a WRX STI, then you ask if you put STI parts on your vehical(at this point I don't know if its a WRX or WRX STI), will it become upgraded. Figure out what you're trying to ask and post back.

ZxJUNxZ
06-28-2004, 11:37 PM
First off, an auto to manual swap just takes time and effort. As long as you get the same parts, it should all be the same.

The second part of your post doens't make compute at all with the logic in my head. I might be crazy, but I think I'm better off calling you crazy.

You say you have a WRX, then you say you have a WRX STI, then you ask if you put STI parts on your vehical(at this point I don't know if its a WRX or WRX STI), will it become upgraded. Figure out what you're trying to ask and post back.

Yea~ call me crazy whateva. So from Auto-Manual Conversion is easy but IS IT THE SAME as normal manual?
Like any difference between a normal manual car and an auto-manual converted manual car?

Also I dont have a car I am thinkin of buying a WRX but I meant when I tune up my car and I put in STI part to WRX would it be same as an WRX STI?

91300zxtt
06-28-2004, 11:43 PM
honestly man you would be better suited to go into the subaru forum and ask there, they can better help you

OneManTuner
06-29-2004, 09:23 AM
The only difference of a converted car is the amount of good work you put into it. If you do a shoddy job, you'll probably have a shoddy tranny, unless the tranny is just a bad tranny.

And what is this 'STI part' you keep talking about, I've never heard of it?

Add your comment to this topic!