Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turbo vs. Supercharger

BLaZe1713
06-28-2004, 05:17 PM
I was wondering would it be better for me to get a 2000 honda accord v6 and put a comptech supercharger on it or get a 2000 honda accord 4-cyl and put an FMAX turbo kit on it. Which one would i get more horsepower from???

soccmid
06-28-2004, 09:20 PM
well it depends on how much boost u are running on both. if your running say 7lbs of boost on the 4 which i belive is what the FMAX kit runs stock not positive, and your running 7lbs with the comptech with the v6 then the supercharger will make more power.

the reason people go turbo is because you can boost to much higher numbers where with the supercharger u can only boost round 10lbs.
with the turbo comes more headaches such as tuning, adjusting, and much more genrla maintenance but it often is worth it beacuse you can make so much power. i prefer teh supercharger mostly because im kind of lazy and forgetful, so i want teh more reliable of the 2, for a lazy guy.

just a question why not a Turbo kit on the V6? btw i havnet heard too many good things bout an FMAX kit.

BLaZe1713
06-28-2004, 10:43 PM
I've been lookin for a turbo kit for the v6 but cant seem to find one. All i can find is the supercharger. I dont think that make a turbo kit for 2000 v6 accords but i could be wrong. If anyone knows of turbo kits for this accord please let me know. Thanks

Beyond Imagination
06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
try this site
www.turbokits.com

YellowITR479
06-30-2004, 03:40 PM
hmmm...a 6 cylinder or a 4 cylinder with boost. There is no replacement for displacement.

As for the V-6 Turbo.....have you ever seen one...I have only ever seen 1 and that was on TV.
Apparently there is only like 5 or 6 V-6 Accords in the country from what I have heard that runs a Turbo and actually run's....int just a show piece. Dont ask me why cause me and my boy researched it for his 00 Accord V-6 and ended up dissapointed

YellowITR479
06-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh...side note

Soccmid..who told you that a Supercharger can only boost to 10 psi....maybe a Jackson Racing Type ( roots I believe ), but not a centrifucal (however u spell it ) This type of Supercharger is basically a Turbo with a shaft on it that can spin to 30 psi...The Vortech is an example of this type of Supercharger

soccmid
06-30-2004, 06:18 PM
really, im sorry i misinformed Blaze, ive never seen a supercharger running more than 12 lbs of boost. interesting. thanks ITR

WhiteLine Civic
07-25-2004, 04:33 AM
dude a supercharger is a much cleaner way of boosting. it is always boosting. turbo has to spool up which gives you that bang which every one loves so much. I have a turbo on my civic and I love it, but tunning can be a pain in the ass, u need some sort of piggy back system. also all you really need is to find some one to make you a custom manifold and the get the turbo and down pipe and all that other shit.

Add your comment to this topic!