Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just got an accord

Bilson8tor
06-28-2004, 02:51 PM
I just got a 94 EX 4dr:
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/9531594accord01.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/9531594accord03.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/9531594accord02.jpg

right now its in pretty rough shape, so far ive had the front rotors replaced and a couple exhaust gaskets and such replaced.

Once i get the body restored (probably a re-spray) ill get to the modifications. The only big things i have planned for it will be an H22 swap and convert it to a manual which will be done this coming winter. After that will be suspension, so if anyones got some advice, im looking to just reduce wheel gap and make the car a bit more responsive, but keep a comfortable ride. And lastly i want to know wat kind of rims will look good with it...

Oh and theres a huge crack in the moon roof (it doesn't leak so its not a prioity), but if anyones got one for sale cheap hit me with a pm. If not ill just start calling places.

AhKord96
06-30-2004, 02:06 AM
Dropzone makes nice springs. You can start with those and replace your struts later if you want. They give a really close stock ride and drop like mine. Rims is a personal preference but it also matters what you want out of your ride. You want something "bling blingy" you can go with 18" or even 19" rims chrome would be nice with black. If you want speed later on.. stick with a lightweight 17" wheel... good luck and happy building!

xllSkylinellx
06-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Nice car man... good luck with it.. I recently had my Accord stolen.. so don't let it happen to you. It probably won't because you have garage etc... I parked mine on the street.

But IMO don't get dropzone's they're like ebay stuff... get some decent shocks and springs or coils, koni and HR or tokico are some good stuff.. if you want coils get some apex ws... which I think can be bought from ebay for $600.

AhKord96
07-01-2004, 06:20 AM
THanks for the compliment! I appreciate it. Sorry to hear about your Accord.. at least you know it's a well sort after car! :mad: That sucks! Anyway... don't be fooled by no name brands that sell on ebay.. some are crap.. you're right! But alot name brand things you pay for is exactly that... their "name brand" you're paying for their advertisements. There are plenty of no name companies that can perform just as well as others but it's a gamble you have to take. I have a couple of friends with Dropzone springs and I have rode in the car and can't tell it's even dropped.. no lie! Anyway... thanks again!

92lx
07-01-2004, 09:30 AM
no seriously, the dropzone springs are VERY high quality, especially when matched with their shocks/struts. Believe me, the ride is awesome, even at 2.5" drop on my civic! I've had eibach, koni, tokico, pretty much every quality product out there, and the dropzone springs actually match up just the same. Even came with very specific instructions, and everything bolted up without a hitch - good quality welds, and just everything!

Great spring rates (they actually do put r&d into them), and the struts/shocks carry a lifetime warantee. They aren't adjustable like some of the konis and stuff, but if you don't care about that adjustability (in retrospect, it would ahve been a nice touch for my setup).....I say get the dropzones unless you can find another good brand at a lower price.

- Nathan

Add your comment to this topic!