Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 F150 airbag light flashes

akw2000
06-28-2004, 01:50 PM
The light on the panel with the airbag image on it flashes all the time. It is a code of 3 flashes-pause-2flashes. At the same time, several items do not work, including the horn, cruise control, emergency flashers. Also, the wipers are intermittant (I have to jiggle the arm to make them move) but that may be unrelated. The ignition switch is messed up so that I can turn it on and off with no key inserted and sometimes the insides don't line up so that I cannot even insert the key. I don't know if that is related to the airbag light issue, either. Any ideas here?

alien2371
07-16-2004, 08:37 PM
hey, sorry but I don't have an answer; just a similar problem. My airbag light flashes 3 then 4 times, the temp and oil pressure gauges don't work. If you find out what the light codes mean please let me know. I purchased a used instrument cluster off ebay. Hopefully the items aren't related and replacing the gauges takes care of that problem. Anyhow, you're not alone thats all.

choochootrain
07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
"several items do not work, including the horn, cruise control, emergency flashers. Also, the wipers are intermittant

you need a new clock spring. It is located under the steering wheel. It is not only responsible for the air bag and stuff you listed it is also responsible for the cruise control. I just had to replace one on my dad's 1994 F-150 3 weeks ago. The clock spring will cost about 100 bucks from your Ford dealer. That is the only place I know you can get them is at a dealer. It's not that bad of job to do if you have some mechanical knowlage. You just have to remeber to disconnect the battery for at least 2 mins. Then anytime you unplug or plug in a yellow connection for the air bag, ground yourself buy touching something metal as to not cause a static spark because that will set off an air bag. The reason I say yellow connection is because all yellow wire in a seering colum are air bag related. You also have to pull the ignition out to get one the wires back into place.

Add your comment to this topic!