Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Rodeo LS V6 Fuel Filter

shltn
06-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey guys. This is a great forum, I just joined today. I found your site because I was looking for some specific instructions on how to change the fuel filter on my '99 Rodeo. Could someone here explain in detail the process to me? Some pics would be even better! I appreciate your help!

amigo-2k
06-28-2004, 03:34 PM
http://www.geocities.com/endre_rl/isuzufaq.htm#faq16

How and when should I replace my fuel filter?

The manual states every 30k. The OEM part cost less then 15 bucks and is located under the driver’s side door in the frame rail. There is one bolt that keeps the filter in the bracket. Also, to lessen gas spillage remove the gas cap, and you can pull the fuel pump fuse under the hood, start it up and run it until it dies (note this may cause a CEL, but by disconnecting the battery, recommended while removing the fuel filter, it will clear the codes). Once you have removed the screw, move the hose clamps back and then you can remove the rubber fuel lines by twisting (twist them for a bit, 20 seconds) and then twist and pull them off. This is about a 30-45 DIY job.

rheteric
06-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks amigo-2k.... took the words right out of my mouth. ;)

shltn
06-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the quick replies! I will be doing this tomorrow. You made it very easy!!! Thanks again !!!_______________________________________________ _____________

http://www.geocities.com/endre_rl/isuzufaq.htm#faq16

How and when should I replace my fuel filter?

The manual states every 30k. The OEM part cost less then 15 bucks and is located under the driver’s side door in the frame rail. There is one bolt that keeps the filter in the bracket. Also, to lessen gas spillage remove the gas cap, and you can pull the fuel pump fuse under the hood, start it up and run it until it dies (note this may cause a CEL, but by disconnecting the battery, recommended while removing the fuel filter, it will clear the codes). Once you have removed the screw, move the hose clamps back and then you can remove the rubber fuel lines by twisting (twist them for a bit, 20 seconds) and then twist and pull them off. This is about a 30-45 DIY job.

Add your comment to this topic!