Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

motor is in the car, now the question...

~ls/vtec~
06-28-2004, 11:56 AM
ok, the motor is in. when i went to start it it just turned over and didnt start. i checked fuel pump. it pumps so i have fuel. checked spark no spark. started diggin around and came out with some facts. i have an msd external coil. the coil has a positive connectoin and a negative connection. the problem comes in over here, im reading positive on both! i know the distributor is fine because i jest went to my friends house yesterday and put my distrubutor on his gsr and it woked fine. any help would be appreciated

93weed_eater
06-29-2004, 07:48 PM
check to see if you're getting any spark at the wire. if not and you know the fuel is straight it's more then likely the coil. my coil went out after a tuneup once took me like 2 days to figure out it was the coil.

integralover
06-30-2004, 01:38 AM
that's very true. my coil went and gave me no warning at all. turned over fine, but no spark. found one at a junk yard for $30. yea, i went the really cheap way.

~ls/vtec~
06-30-2004, 12:39 PM
im using an external coil. the master blaster 2 from msd. i took the distributor and the coil to my frinds house and tried it on his integra and it worked fine. as i mentioned i have 2 positive wires going to the coil. one has to be positive and one negative.

~ls/vtec~
06-30-2004, 12:46 PM
the engine is a 94 gsr its in a 98 civic. theres something wrong with the wiring

Add your comment to this topic!