Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical problem on factory conversion LT

bdexpress
06-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I have a 2001 express LT. I recently had a complete short of the electrical system involving the power locks, power outlets, radio, and the entertainment system. The problem was traced to a wire near the area where your left foot would rest while traveling. The dealership originally replaced a fuse under the hood, which blew again because they hadn't found the source of the short. THe second trip to the dealer forced them to look further and find the exposed wire.

This all occured 1400 miles from home.

On the way home, the rear power outlet sparked and stopped working. I have since discover that the passenger side power outlet in the front does not work either...the drivers side does work though.

I have checked the fuses under the panel on the drivers side, but i am unsure of which one would control 2 of the 3 power outlets.
Any suggestions?

Ironic
07-14-2004, 10:08 AM
Get in touch with the dealer and find the schematics for the conversion- this is not the same as the factory wiring diagram. have a conversion van myself and its a nitemare trying to find the source of any electrical problems in these things w/o the schematic. If you keep changing fuses because they blow your gonna make matters worse if you don't find the cause.

Add your comment to this topic!