Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo prep...Crower Cams & Pistons?

clatescivicr
01-26-2002, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, I need your help wit this, I am thinking of having either an h22a or B18c1 built for turbo. I was talking to one of my friends to find out prices for me on parts, and he will tell me in a couple days for the prices to have it all turbo prepped. The place that would be doing it can supply/do everything against for the crower cams and pistons...well they don't have them there for these 2 engines. But I was wondering are crower cams good, or are there cams for the price? I have read a lot on here about crower pistons and that they are suggested, but what about there cams? Thanks in advance!

texan
01-26-2002, 11:19 PM
Crower doesn't make pistons, so what are you talking about exactly? What are your plans for the car?

clatescivicr
01-27-2002, 01:54 AM
oh thats right they make rods....I want to be able to safely turbo either of those engines. I do not want to be running any crazy boost since this will be daily driven. I just want to run 12s or 13s. So I know I wont need a huge turbo anyways. I;m not planning on doing either these that soon, but I just wanted to get prices and then which cams and pistons were good. I want to get more info before I truley get this done. Thanks inadvance

pellet31
01-27-2002, 02:22 AM
check out the thread intitled internals a few below this one. I am trying to do almost the same thing.

Add your comment to this topic!