Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 1.5 liter floods

Hill-Billy
06-27-2004, 07:34 AM
I have a car with the 1.5 liter mitsu MFI engine in it. Recently, I have discovered fuel leaks into the cylinders after engine is shut off, causing a "flood" condition if I try to restart my car before it gets about 4 hours rest. While this may sound quite amusing, it proves to be a major inconvenience, :banghead: so I am begging for help on this issue. Any comments/ suggestions will be appreciated as lomng as they are on-topic.

indy_85stariones
06-29-2004, 10:57 AM
If you have fuel leaking into your cylinders, you will have black smoke coming out of your tailpipe. If you have coolant leaking into your cyclinders, you will have white smoke coming out of your tailpipe.

Assuming you have a fuel leak, it is probably one of your fuel injectors. Examine your spark plugs, to see if any are blacker than the rest.

Best case, you should have all of your injectors cleaned and flow tested at.... http://www.rceng.com/

Worse case, you need to replace the bad injector(s).

Examine the ID marks of old and new. For older Mitusbishi's it should have the format of "A-nn" where "A" is any letter and "nn" is any number. Your old injector and new injector should have the same letter. The numbers do not matter.

Add your comment to this topic!