Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mods

f22b1drvr
06-27-2004, 12:29 AM
i have 15 inch alloys on my 94 accord,whats the best tire size i should put on,and i want performance tires,not regular jo shoe ones,and also,what exhaust should i get that wouldnt be really loud but louder than my oem stock one,its a 2.2 vtec 5 speed,also,if i want bigger rims,the suspension has a wierd linkage that wont let me go any bigger than the rims i got right now,should i take it out and replace it w/ after market or what,thanks for the advice

NOS Buyer
06-27-2004, 01:21 PM
for looks for the wheels i would suggest alittle larger ones, couple of inches.

but for performance, you dont want larger ones, prolly around the ones u already have for performance.

its sorta either or, you have to decide :)

f22b1drvr
06-28-2004, 11:15 AM
thanks nos buyer ,i still need to no what will fit my car and if i will have to replace the suspension to fit larger rims,and what kind of exhaust is best,w/ out being to loud

jordans30
06-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Try searching on www.tirerack.com. Enter the wheel size that you'd like to check, and it will tell you the suggested tire size. You can also see what the different lowering kits will do for a car, and get an idea of what you want for your vehicle. Nobody ever said you had to BUY them there......but, if the knowledge is there, why not use it?

Igovert500
06-30-2004, 12:52 AM
tirerack does have good deals. Overall, rim size is a decision you should make. Larger rims means a larger footprint of the tire on the ground= more traction, it also means a smaller sidewall so less 'roll' of the tire = better cornering. So in general, larger rims = better handling. The downside is larger rims=more rotational mass. More rotational mass=more inertia= more hp necessary to get those rims to spin. So with larger rims you will lose more hp to the ground getting your rims to spin. I don't know specifically about 94 accords, but that's just some more info to consider. which do you value more, handling on turns or power on your launch?

92lx
07-01-2004, 09:35 AM
the big thing about larger rims, is that they are often heavier. And worse, they move the weight further out on the wheel. If you know your physics, the furhter out the weight goes from the center of a circle, the more force required to turn it. This burns up torque that could be on the ground instead of in trying to move the wheel.

However, if you have traction problems (large torque output (that found in over 200hp engines in the Accord body anyway)....you will want slightly wider tires to catch more traction. Of course, the problem with wider rims is that you'll also get a little more weight.

So, the trick is, get slightly larger rims - in the Accord case, I went with 16s. that are wider ...7 inches (205mm ish) And make sure the wheels you select are a light weight design. Then you get the handling/braking benefits of a larger rubber patch on the ground, but do not sacrifice much in the way of weight.

17s and 18s are nice looking, but they'll really mess with your weight concern - which with low hp motors, is deffinately a concern.

- Nathan

94hondaacc
07-01-2004, 11:10 AM
i got 18's on my cord, and didnt have to modify nothin. i wouldnt recommend heavy rims on an auto, but since yours is stick, it should be a problem.i will admit my cord is slower with the 18's then the stock 15's though but i like the look. its all really up to u. peace

Add your comment to this topic!