Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How To tell If Bass Blockers are installed/How to Install them??

solaris=amazing
06-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Ok heres my problem, i have a jvc cd player and all pioneer speakers in my 95 tbird. Everything sounds really good when the volume isn't put higher then say 23. Which is loud enough till you put the windows down, and road noise kills it. I want to be able to maintain my bass at higher levels. If i crank it, say past 30volume, the speakers can't handle the bass-they pop. No damage was done, checked every speaker. Now, absolutly no Bass Blockers/capacitor's where present near any of the speaker's and wires. Could the bblocker be BEHIND the cd player itself??? I have no clue on how to remove the cd player cause it dont have any creases to use din tools or hangers to get in there.

Would the blocker be behind? the cd player.. Everywhere i read it says to install them directly to the + of the speaker. How is that done by the way. Do i splice the wire towards the + and wire/solder it to the blocker, then connect the blocker to the + on the speaker?? Please i beg of you to help me if you can, this has been an issue for like 3 weeks now.

ps.. btw, 2 6 by 8 4 way's in front, and 5 6 by 9's in the back. Incase your wondering why so many back speakers, it's cause i fade most of the sound to the front for staging. Therefore giving the car a subtle rear fill thats pretty much surround. Sounds great-ONLY IF I CAN BLAST IT AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.

aznxthuggie
06-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Ok heres my problem, i have a jvc cd player and all pioneer speakers in my 95 tbird. Everything sounds really good when the volume isn't put higher then say 23. Which is loud enough till you put the windows down, and road noise kills it. I want to be able to maintain my bass at higher levels. If i crank it, say past 30volume, the speakers can't handle the bass-they pop. No damage was done, checked every speaker. Now, absolutly no Bass Blockers/capacitor's where present near any of the speaker's and wires. Could the bblocker be BEHIND the cd player itself??? I have no clue on how to remove the cd player cause it dont have any creases to use din tools or hangers to get in there.

Would the blocker be behind? the cd player.. Everywhere i read it says to install them directly to the + of the speaker. How is that done by the way. Do i splice the wire towards the + and wire/solder it to the blocker, then connect the blocker to the + on the speaker?? Please i beg of you to help me if you can, this has been an issue for like 3 weeks now.

ps.. btw, 2 6 by 8 4 way's in front, and 5 6 by 9's in the back. Incase your wondering why so many back speakers, it's cause i fade most of the sound to the front for staging. Therefore giving the car a subtle rear fill thats pretty much surround. Sounds great-ONLY IF I CAN BLAST IT AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.

how do you have so many speakers plugged into your head unit?

CarSuperfreak
06-25-2004, 06:51 AM
I was gonna ask the same thing; with that many speakers, it almost sounds like the problem is that the speakers arent getting enough power to run efficiently

SickVette
06-25-2004, 07:48 AM
even without that many speakers he is just driving the headunit to clip. You need an amp not bass blockers. Get an nice 4 channel amp and it will be alot better. Pick up an amp with built in xover.

Add your comment to this topic!