Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check engine light - always on!!!

jhellen
06-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all the responses on oil usage - now I have a few options to test out! Now I have another question - is anybody else's check engine light on ALL the time? Mine was on all the time before my engine seized, and numerous mechanics told me not to worry about it - ha ha. Since we have replaced our engine, it has gone back to its old standby -always on. We recently had it checked and the mechanic said nothing showed up on the diagnostic machine. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this common in 98 Rodeos or in vehicles that have had the engine replaced?

Thanks, Jamie

Davejb
06-24-2004, 09:53 AM
1. Find a new mechanic
2. Take it to Autozone and have them read the codes (free)
3. Post back with the results of #2.

MBPurcellville
06-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Jamie

I had the check engine light go on at 29K Miles. I was told since it was intermittent, I didn't need to do anything. Finally at 52K miles the light stayed on and then the gas gauge started acting irratic. Full then empty then full then empty. It was the full pump and was covered under the 120K mile warranty.

Thanks for all the responses on oil usage - now I have a few options to test out! Now I have another question - is anybody else's check engine light on ALL the time? Mine was on all the time before my engine seized, and numerous mechanics told me not to worry about it - ha ha. Since we have replaced our engine, it has gone back to its old standby -always on. We recently had it checked and the mechanic said nothing showed up on the diagnostic machine. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this common in 98 Rodeos or in vehicles that have had the engine replaced?

Thanks, Jamie

Add your comment to this topic!