Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problems with cd Deck

shortygy
06-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi I was helping my friend install a deck in his del sol. another one of my friends tried but couldnt ge the deck working. He then ran a power wire from the battery and connected it to the constant 12v+ and the ACC. My friend got his deck stolen and now he wanted me to help him install another one.

I tried connecting everything and the deck wouldnt turn on. I checked the fuses and one was blown. I replaced it and now the 12v+ constant works. The Problem is that when i connect the power ACC to the deck .. the deck wont turn on. The only way the deck works is when i connect both the 12V+ constant and the power ACC to the 12V+constant. So I am wondering where the ACC wire goes and if it is easy to get at. Also would there be a fuse for it and which one would it be.

Thanks Greg

RSLaser
06-24-2004, 09:47 AM
i might be wrong but check the fuse box, i believe thats where it goes.

boomersoonercivic
06-24-2004, 12:13 PM
what you can do to fix that is run the acc wire to the fuse box. find a fuse that operates an accessory funtion, like power windows or something that will turn on with the the ignition on acc. Then strip the wire an you can pin it underneath the fuse, just push the fuse back in with the wire under one of the contacts. that will get you the power you need. not pretty, but it works. hope this helps ya

Add your comment to this topic!