Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

loss of power...and engine and oil light comes on....

Sun_222001
06-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi.....i have a 1990 plymouth acclaim v4 2.4 L ....and the engine light and oil light come on and the car stops picking up power.....even when im giving it gas.....it still starts to slow down.......i did wash the engine recently....i wonder if that is causing the problem....the engine leaks a little too....but the level is still fine......i have no idea whats going on.....and it has come to a stop two times as well

L Oliver
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
you didnt state whether you protected the distributor or electronics under the hood when you washed your cars engine bay. but judging by your reply you did not ,take the distirbutor cap off and spray some wd-40 in the cap dont worry it wont hurt nothing it has silacone in it and will disperse any water thats interupting the spark and causes it to stall ,but it could be time to get a new motor or rebuild it if its using or leaking a conciderable amount of oil you could try adding some marvels mystery oil its sold at wal-mart and can be added to your gas if your looking to get out of it cheap

Add your comment to this topic!