Subaru A Stupid Buy?

Mumm
06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm looking for a new car and have posted some ideas, but those are just a few of many, the car that I'm intrested in is a 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. I like the car, kinda reminds me of a early WRX or something. Like the WRX it has the rear spoiler, hood scoop, gold flake wheels and in general the same body style. Plus like the WRX it's AWD :sunglasse
But there is a few problems:

Right now I have a 1999 Explorer Sport that is fully loaded, and I mean every option imaginable from leather to sunroof. And I love the color, black. The Subaru is a 1998 so I would be downgrading a year? :wtf:

Now I have always been told that when you buy a new car you are suppose to go up in years not down.

I have done some searching and found out that there are less than 2,000 2.5 RS Imprezas in the States- Subaru only sold like 1,890?

Also I do have a picture of the car, and the only thing I don't like about it is the color, but since there are less than 2,000 in the states I suppose I shouldn't be picky but still the car is GREEN! :shakehead

Any Imput on what to do is welcome.

kman10587
06-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I thought you had it down to a Solara and a Sentra?

Anyways, the 1998 2.5 RS is a very good car, it doesn't matter that you are going down a year because you are also spending less. I agree that green is a horrible color, but if you really like the car you should just take what you can get. It's good car, better than the Sentra SE-R Spec-V in some ways and worse in others.

lamehonda
06-24-2004, 03:22 PM
gotta get a blue or red one

mike5721947
06-24-2004, 08:29 PM
re-spray if you hate the colour that much!

Igovert500
06-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Subaru is a good all-around buy. AWD is a great feature for bad weather and such. They are reliable cars, pretty comfortable, good ride quality, and some nice features. We have 2 in our family, and the owners are very satisfied. Many new ones have turbos stock, and that is an added bonus if you like to cruise a little faster.

Add your comment to this topic!