Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Will H1 bulb switch on pro. h-lights melt?

Phet. Luanglath
06-22-2004, 12:41 AM
I just recently got dual halos for my 96 accord and they look great, but they came with stock bulbs for the high and low beams, H1 by the way. They look yellowish and I was wanting to convert to PIAA Extreme White bulbs but I have heard of bulbs melting the headlamp. Will the PIAA's melt my housing and if so, anyone know which one that wont, and where I can get it?

SenseiAccord
06-22-2004, 02:29 AM
look at the wattage it uses. If it uses basically more than 80w then keep and eye on it. If it is like 90+w then say bye bye to the wiring. Some headlights when they advertise say it uses like 55w and outputs light like a 90w bulb... thats okay as long as it uses 55w. There output advertisement if probably bull too. But yea not to sure since i dont kno much about light bulbs... but im think im correct otherwise someone will correct me.

Phet. Luanglath
06-22-2004, 02:57 AM
Yeah the PIAA "says" that the wattage is 55=110 4000k. I think they meant that it only uses 55w but outputs like what a 110 would.
Im also considering sylvania's H1 bulbs 68w max with 4000k. Anyone with any experience using these bulbs for projector headlamps?

Add your comment to this topic!