I-Mark w/lotus handling

johnsott
06-21-2004, 02:42 PM
has anyone heard of an I-Mark with bagdes on it that say Lotus Handling. I bought the car last month, and after looking for info on the internet for it, I haven't seen any other ones. The only difference, I can tell with it is I pay $35.00 for brake pads instead of $7.00.

P.S. Just a note, it is not turbo charged.

mega man
07-11-2004, 09:00 PM
yea i have heard of the vehicle, they're just not very common.

DIESELISSY
08-30-2004, 11:56 AM
HI, I USED TO HAVE A 88 RS, SEDAN ISUZU IMARK, AND I LOVED MY CAR. WISH I KEPT IT AND IF I FOUND ANOTHER I WOULD BUY IT. ANYWAY, THE 89 VERSION WAS THE VERY LAST YEAR IT WAS PRODUCED BY ISUZU AND THEY HAD A REGULAR VERSION AND A LOTUS SUSPENSION VERSION. THE ONE WITH THE LOTUS SUSPENSION IS MORE EXPENSIVE PARTS WISE, BUT WILL HAVE A BETTER RIDE DUH, ANYWAY, THE LOGOS FOR SUSPENSION WERE LOCATED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR AT THE QUARTER PANEL (GREEN LOTUS SUSPENSION) AND IT SHOULD BE MARKED UNDERNEATH. wHEN U TAKE IT FOR A WHEEL ALIGNMENT HAVE SOMEONE CHECK. tHEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE THE REGULAR ONE OR NOT.

dman63
09-19-2004, 02:19 AM
I bought one of these new. The only year the I-Mark was made with Lotus Handling and DOHC was '89. It is very rare (want to sell it?). It is even more rare if you have the Recaro interior. It has a unique engine and suspension (not common to I-Mark turbos or anything to do with the Chevy Spectrum that shared the same body). You will always pay more for parts and may have diffuculty finding them because of the rarity of this car. I recommend you find a reliable mechanic that knows where to order parts, because even when I had it new, nothing was ever in stock.

It was, however, a blast to drive and was ahead of its time (again, wanna sell it) :)

David

Kaninchen
02-01-2005, 03:47 AM
The non-turbo, non-lotus Imark has single disk rotors that are way too small, with pads that are also way too small. The good thing is that the car is so slow you'll never be going fast enough to need bigger brakes.
The turbo, and lotus Imarks have larger vented rotors, and bigger pads. Unfortunately, since the better brakes are for the "heavy duty" version of the car, they are also more expensive.

Monza Spyder
06-01-2005, 10:32 PM
The non-turbo, non-lotus Imark has single disk rotors that are way too small, with pads that are also way too small. The good thing is that the car is so slow you'll never be going fast enough to need bigger brakes.
The turbo, and lotus Imarks have larger vented rotors, and bigger pads. Unfortunately, since the better brakes are for the "heavy duty" version of the car, they are also more expensive.

I just bought an 88 IMark turbo and am in need of some ingenious mechanical thought processing. I got the car for cheap because it apparently had a "bit of a shake" to it. It turns out the thing nearly shakes itself apart between 2000 -3000 Rpm in a quite violent and comical jerking fashion. But on zero throttle and heavier acceleration(when turbo hits about 30 KPa) the thing runs mint and picks up quite smoothly and quickly. Being mechanically inclined I was positive that the timing belt was misaligned(It had been previously changed and never worked right afterwards), but after reseting the timing, checking timing belt marks, new fuel filter, checking it on an electrical scope, etc. I still have not found the cause. It runs perfectly untill load is put on it, then it jerks like a SOB then all of a sudden shoots off in a hurry. I even checked the clutch even though I know that that's not the problem. It perplexes the minds of me and my mechanics. All 4 of them trained in world class facilities(NAIT/SAIT/MIT/etc.) The four basic necessaties for the engine are fine(Spark, gas, air, timing). If there is anyone out there who has had similar difficulties on I-Marks, or possibly even has any idea's on what it could be. I'M BEGGING YOU!!!! PLEASE HELP ME It's such a shame cause the only way the car runs smooth enough to not be laughed at by pedestrians and bicyclists is when it's at no throttle or full throttle. E-mail me at ross_james21@yahoo.ca
Even if you just have a guess, I've run out of time and patience. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!