Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alarm is pissing me off big time!

Cims
06-20-2004, 09:58 PM
My remote finally gave in, its broken. It was getting ready to fall in peices. I have a 97 integra LS, sedan. The alarm from my standpoint is not oem. Its a audiovox pursuit the remote is on sale on ebay here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14934&item=3069880761

that same one, i cant find it ANYWHERE under the hood, nothing with my alarm but i am a newbie to this stuff, Can anyone here tell me if i can just remove and gut it out? thanks

spyorg
06-22-2004, 01:08 AM
You could remove the alarm-brain from under the dash where it is most commonly located, but I would not attempt this if I were you. You would have to know what wires to disconnect and you could end up disabling your car if you cut the wrong wires.

Basically you would have to locate the brain's harness and disconnect the 12 volt supply wire, the ground wire, the two door lock wires, hood/trunk and door pin wires, any sensors and siren wires and the starter-disable relay connections making sure you reconnect the starter circuit. Unless you have any idea what you are doing, it would be best to leave it alone and just get a replacement remote from audiovox or take it to a shop to install a new alarm system. You could pay anywhere from 100 bucks to 1000 depending on what alarm system you want...

Oldteg
06-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Here, call audiovox at this number 1-800-225-6074 and ask them and maybe you can order another one. I have the new pursuit and that phone number is on the back of my remote to order new ones. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Add your comment to this topic!