Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

strut bar install on a 92 accord

accordstar
06-20-2004, 04:19 PM
hi, i have a 92 accord four door and am about to install strut bars, i know where the front strut bar goes obviously but im not sure how to connect my rear strut bar because teh struts are right below my back seats and also where does the shorteest of the three strut bars go? tahnks alot

92lx
06-20-2004, 08:40 PM
the struts are located directly behind the rear seats. You'll need to do a little cutting in the trunk liner to get it to work. or you could just remove the trunk liner all together for a 2-5lb weight savings :P.

If you have a shorter one, it is a lower bar, and I am not sure on that one as I never installed one on my old 92. Look under the car at the suspension, and i'm sure it'll be obvious.

- Nathan

aka1109
09-21-2004, 05:31 PM
The shortest of the strut bars you are talking about is probably the rear lower arm bar. That little bar helps strengthen the metal between your rear lower arms. I had a 90 acc and installed it in less than 10 mins. Get under the rear end, you should see two arms extending from the middle of the chassis towards the lower part of your rear wheels. There is only one bolt holding that rear arm on to the middle of the chassis. All you need to do is remove the nut from the bolt on each side and place the bar on there nice'n flush, screw that nut back on and you're ready to go. You may need to adjust the arm bar, check to see if it moves at all, you might just need an allen wrench to tighten it. Viola! If that don't help go to google.com and type in "lower arm bar installation"

Add your comment to this topic!