Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

EGR Valve

luke146
06-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Can someone tell me were the egr valve is on a 1989 Buick Centry.I have an odor coming from the exhaust and was wondering if the egr valve is stuck.Thanks Dave

public
07-04-2004, 10:49 PM
The EGR should be on on of the cylinder heads (V6?) it will have a vacuum line going to it. You can go to the partsamerica.com website and look up the item to get a photo so you will know what it looks like. Good Luck.

luke146
07-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Thanks AF for the info.I also have another question. My Mechanic told me if my sensor light keeps going on and off not to worry,it won't harm anything.Is the smell like something is burning caused by the sensor not working right? He says a sensor is 60 bucks and I looked up the part and it cost 20 bucks,he says to use Dellco products and i don't think Bosch is a bad brand,i could put this in,but he said sometimes the sensor gets welded and you have to torch it to get it out.Hope someone can help.THANKS,Dave

public
07-14-2004, 03:50 PM
The Bosch is fine. A little "Blaster" or "Liquid Wrench can aid in removal. Use some anti-seige to ease any future removal you may need to do.

luke146
07-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks Public for the info,will do This is a great site and I've learned alot from you Guys.Thanks

Pipemitten
07-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Here's a cool idea... Rip it off!!! go for performance although you have a century... DOOOOIT@!

public
07-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Here's a cool idea... Rip it off!!! go for performance although you have a century... DOOOOIT@!

Won't help. This car is equiped with an electronicly controled EGR valve. If you unplug and remove it the car will detect this, adjust into limp mode
,turn on the SES light, and set a code. But it will run about the same. Mine went bad and ran crappy until unplugged. Then it ran "normal" again. But no performance gain without a new chip.

Add your comment to this topic!