Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Honda GHOST Problem!!!!!!

Jay L Condie
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
We have two 94 Accords, one of which has a problem many honda experts have worked on and been unable to fix. The car will start with no problem. But when you start to accelerate its like theres trash in the bowl of the carburator and its blocking the gas. while pushing on the gas pedal the linkage moves but the car maintains its original speel until finally like someone throwing gas on a fire the car down shifts and takes off like a rocket. this happens whether the car is hot or cold, its also really noticeable while going up hills, and when the car is between the speeds of 55 and 65 mph. Its particulary scary when trying to pull into traffic. We've done the major tune ups. Our latest expert tells us that its the transmission, but before spending all that money i would like to know if anyone out there has had a similar experince and knows what the problem is. i would be greatful for any help, as the problem seems to worsen every day.

SenseiAccord
06-16-2004, 07:30 PM
first... i dont think a 94 accords have a carburator.. its fuel injected. Second i think it might be a problem with the fuel system.., like injectors, fuel pump, blah blah blah. Should try get that looked at by a respectable mechanic.

AccordCodger
06-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah - switch mechanics.

If the RPMs rise when you hit the gas, when the car DOESN'T accelerate, then yes, you have a transmission problem.

But if the revs DON'T rise, then it's likely the fuel system.

Add your comment to this topic!