Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quick turbo question

CVTodd
06-16-2004, 02:47 AM
I have a GSR, and wanted to turbo it...Unfortunatley, in cali, the emission laws suck, so if I were to get a greddy turbo kit, would there be any room for upgrading it, and when it comes down to smogging it, just taking off the upgrades, so it is back to stock version of the kit? I would prefer just getting a rev-hard kit, but I hear I'd have to go through the trouble of uninstalling it, and re-installing it, which I dont know how to do, and by no means, have the money to have a shop do that. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks.

Todd

98-integra
06-16-2004, 07:08 PM
why would you need to upgrade it if you where to get the greddy kit?? what dont you like about it that makes you want to change something??

civickiller
06-16-2004, 11:37 PM
just stick with a regular greddy kit

CVTodd
06-17-2004, 02:28 AM
well, I know some of the kits don't come with an intercooler, or a bov (at least the street legal kits) and I heard the turbo is kinda small, but I'm not an expert. I guess I should just stay with the greddy turbo, but if I can add on an intercooler, and a bov.

98-integra
06-17-2004, 05:45 AM
i belive you can add a intercooler to the greddy kit and its will still be legal. i think the kit comes with a TD05-18G which would be fine it not the small

YellowITR479
06-17-2004, 11:45 AM
you gotta add an intercooler...no choice about it. Damn im glad I live on the east coast

CVTodd
06-17-2004, 02:27 PM
yeah, no kidding, emissions sucks here in Cali...Okay the TD05-18G isnt too small then...I heard it is a good choice because there isnt much lag if any at all, so it has good response. Thanks for the info.

Todd

99IntegraGSR
06-23-2004, 02:53 PM
i hear the greddy kit is good, and it will probably be more than what you expect once you get it installed. i myself am going to make a custom kit with a t3/t4 hybrid turbo because I know they are capable of making more power than i need and the price of the custom kit is much less.

I don't wanna take away from the topic of the post, but where can I find out emission laws for my state and other legal issues of bolting on a custom turbo kit?

Add your comment to this topic!