Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trans troubles

SelphSirv
06-16-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm looking at an RX7, forgot the year though.... I know its either fb or fc though. non turbo.... I'm most think first gen though, (unless first gens didnt have 13B's) thats why I posted here.

It has an automatic transmission. The guy says he thinks they burned it up becuase it drives slowly.
I wondering, is there something else that could cause this? Like could low fluid level? or something much more simple than a swap or rebuild.

And, if the trans is bad, where would I get a rebuild kit, or could get it rebuild in middle tennesse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Soyo
06-16-2004, 02:23 AM
http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/content.html

thats in tennessee

and the FB's had 12A's so I think your talking about a FC

DevoutWankelist
06-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Just get a new transmission, it will be easier.

D3rELiC
06-16-2004, 04:06 AM
http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/content.html

thats in tennessee

and the FB's had 12A's so I think your talking about a FC

again you are wrong,
mazda sold 13b EFI in some of the Fbs in 84-85

SelphSirv : i think you should look forward for a swap n/a parts are very comon and easy to find // install
the only things you need are the tranny, the clutch, flywheel, the 3 pedal set, the driving shaft (maybe, i dont know), shifter, starter, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave, clutch lines, some wirering mods and an ECU.

if you dont want to get into all this trouble, i suggest you to try to find another car, an auto rx7 sucks

SelphSirv
06-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Well.... I went back and paid attention for a few seconds.... and i feel like a fool. It is a fc, silly me.

Anyway..... I'll keep that place in kind. Does anyone know if whats wrong with it would have to include a rebuild in order to be fixed?

Soyo
06-19-2004, 01:01 AM
ask him if he ever drove it hard or took it about 5-6k rpms... if not the 5th and 6th ports cuz be frozen and that will lose you some power

drifting_FC3S
06-20-2004, 09:47 AM
is an automatic FB without the 13B, and a broken transmission even worth looking at still...find another car dude, without as many problems.

Soyo
06-20-2004, 01:19 PM
acctually, he said its an FC, so it has a 13B, and a tranny can be found farely easily for farely cheap if you look at junkyards around your area.. then if it needs a rebuild thats what will cost the most

MBTN
06-20-2004, 02:12 PM
FB's did come with 13B's in 84 & 85 IIRC.

Add your comment to this topic!