Page updated on 10-24-2017

Have a new Question

jcamaew3
06-15-2004, 10:34 PM
I finally got the code it was a 63 (EGR) the light came on and would not go off. Well upon inspecting the car I found a vacum hose that was busted (seems to come from the EGR valve did not follow it all the way so not completely sure) just holding on by a thread(upon touching it the connector crumbled in my hands). Fixed that after about 15 mins the light went out took pos. cable off battery and reset the computer so its now wait and see. Could this have been my problem since the flow was not right or do you think it is the EGR valve its 171.00 to replace and I have not got the funds at this time. any help would be very much appriciated thanks being a single mom of three I need all the help I can get no money for garage so its me who does the work on the car. well enough said time to put kids to bed. Thanks in advance. Michele

buickmastermind
10-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Okay, if the hose was bad, make sure all of the other hoses are okay as well. What year is it? Some EGR valves have a solinoid that the vacumn has to go to first. Are you sure code 63 is the EGR???

Add your comment to this topic!