Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Changing Calipers

Moneybus
06-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey Guys - I have to replace or rebuild my rear left caliper. Anyone with experience on this type of thing? The good news is the new kit for a caliper is cheap enough than to rebuild it. The bad news is that I barely know what I am getting myself into.

Side note - My 1999 shifts really heavy and I have a clunk when comming to a stop and it downshifts. The guy I bought it from is a good friend and he says its done that since day one. Any thoughts

4thOfJuly
06-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Best is to replace! This is actually easy if you have even basic tools. Spend the money on a Chilton's Isuzu Tropper 1981-1996 manual,

Changing ATF oil will be a very good idea here and may get you over the clunk and the hard shift problem.

troopin13
07-19-2004, 03:59 AM
Yes, just buying new calipers are best, and easiest. It is fast, easy, and solves alot of your braking problems. My rear calipers froze up, so I had to replace them. Just disconnect the lines, and the parking brake line, and replace the new ones. One thing tho, you will need to use some of your old pieces because they come with some without them. They come with new bleeder screws tho. Bleeding the brakes is also very easy.

Add your comment to this topic!