Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

black widow alarm

happydrocca98
06-14-2004, 06:48 PM
hey does anybody know what the problem with the black widow alarm when installing it onto a 98 accord sedan v6. the guy that install my alarm either messed up the wiring and the brain or he did something that causes my 3 door locks to not pop up or go down when I press lock on my alarm controller. only the driver side does this. I got the black widow model with the little cell phone that pages you. if anybody what the problem could be help me out it'll be apreciated.

integrasedan
06-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Did you go back to the installer and try to have them fix it? Good installers warranty their labor and authorized Black Widow dealers can replace the product if it is defective.

My friend has Black Widow, I think their shock sensor is too sensitive. Lots of false alarms from loud exhausts or thunder sounds, or occasional tapping on the car body.

Good Luck.

ponchonutty
06-15-2004, 08:09 PM
The Black Widow is a horrid alarm. I wouldn't use it for a paper weight. Anyway, I would have the installer look at what they did. The accord is an easy car to work on so it should be fine.

happydrocca98
06-16-2004, 12:55 AM
hey thanks you two for the responce yeah I called the place and they said they'll take a look at it tomorrow. pretty interesting things you guys said. Yeah I wouldn't go with black widow either I was thinking about going for clifford. but since I don't have alot of money that's what I had to settle for. =( what are some brands of alarms you would recomend?

happydrocca98
06-17-2004, 06:37 PM
just went to get my black widow alarm fixed yesterday but apparently they installer guy said something about my stock control box was busted or out and that was the reason why only my driver door works and the rest didn't.........the guy ordered the part and it was like 200 but he making me pay 100. I don't know if that's the right price to be paying for something I didn't do and a part that's from oem. can anyone give me advice.

ponchonutty
06-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Not sure on that one without seeing it myself. Just make sure to get your old parts back from him so you can later test it to see if it is indeed the problem.

Cman333
06-19-2004, 01:42 AM
black widow is infamous for problems also, we used to carry it. It's cheap, like almost half the cost of other alarm companies but there's always a reason for it. You pay for what you get, that also mean installers etc. You pay for quality, u cheap out u bound to get screwed.

Also what car is it? Did it have a factory alarm?

happydrocca98
06-20-2004, 11:24 PM
yeah it's a 98 honda accord v6..........it wasn't really a factory alarm more like a remote control that opens my door and trunk. that's why I had to get a black widow alarm.

Add your comment to this topic!