Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Won't start

Dread209
06-14-2004, 06:47 PM
hoping someone could help me out. I just bought a 94 integra LS that had just been in an accident. The damage to the front end is severe enough that the body shop wanted 5,000 to fix it. I bought it for 250 mainly for the engine swap. Hoping to do a ls/vtec in my 93 civic ex. At any rate i tried to start the car and nothing happened. It turns over but thats it. it almost sounds like the timing belt is gone. I was told by a friend that it might be a fuel shut off switch triggered by the accident. If this is so can anyone tell me how to go about "reseting" it. If that is indeed what needs to be done. Also, can i run the engine without coolant and if i can, for how long? Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

crxlvr
06-15-2004, 01:55 PM
the honda/acura dont have the fuel cutoff switch's, in fact ive only seen them in ford vehicles. at any rate, maybe the battery is powerful enough to crank the starter, or it could be that the timing belt is broke, but by now you'd have some internal damage.

as for the coolant, you can run the motor id say for around 10mins before starting to worry.

Dread209
06-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info.

Dread209
06-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info.

Add your comment to this topic!