Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Kellison kits

dweymer
06-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Hello,

I am looking for Kellison kits, or the original molds if anyone knows about them. Here is a link if you've never seen one.

http://www.kellisoncars.com

Don

-FROG-
06-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Not to be rude, but that car looks like it has been stepped on. Kinda squashed like.

tigermiata
06-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Wow. One was up on eBay last year. Sorry, other than references in old-car books, that's as close as I've come to one. Neat cars. :smokin: Looks a bit like a Cheetah stretched enough that actual humans fit inside.

dweymer
06-16-2004, 09:56 PM
From your user name I would guess you like Miatas, so I'll run this by you:

I was thinking of buying an early miata, (wheelbase~89in) and making a fiberglass body to resemble(not replicate) the kellison(wheelbase~86-100). Any thoughts? P.S. I have since found out the molds have been destroyed.

Don

tigermiata
06-20-2004, 01:38 PM
I repro-Kellison would be neat, but--

Look at where the driver sits in a Kellison.... way back. It is very impractical to move the seats rearward in a Miata for structural reasons. Why not look into a kit-car chassis, like the various Cobras available?

BTW, I think a repro Bocar would even be neater. :evillol:

dweymer
06-20-2004, 04:10 PM
I am not familiar with a "bocar", other than the open top racer from around '63. I want to build a coupe, not roadster. I figured your response would be along those lines, I do not know the miata very well.
I was trying to avoid a kit chassis, not sure why, just stubborn I suppose. I may have to just design/weld one up...

tigermiata
06-21-2004, 01:41 PM
http://www.carolinabreeze.com/img/bocarnew.jpg

(Hey, I posted an image!) Here's a Bocar; the dates I've read for production are 1958 and 1959, not sure about 1963. Probably the same car, though. Yes, there were coupe versions.

Good luck on the Kellison, not certain of what production car might have the correct proportions to use as a base.

kelleyskustoms
11-03-2004, 12:58 PM
I have a Kellison GT 40K that we may be selling. It has a good engine and the body is almost completely mounted. It will need to have the body prepped before paint but that's what happens when you get a 35 year old kit car.

ProjectPhantom
11-17-2004, 11:40 PM
looks pretty sweet

Add your comment to this topic!