Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 Prelude Crank pully

fritcr
06-14-2004, 10:23 AM
I need to put a new timing belt on my Prelude but can't figure out how to get the lower crank pully off. It looks like a hex with a hex hole around it. (don't know how to explain it) I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about. I assume there is a special tool from Honda to do this but I'm also sure someone has figured out a way to do it without the special tool? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me!
Rob

Beyond Imagination
06-14-2004, 11:27 AM
yes there is a special tool from honda which stops the pulley from moving when you turn the nut in the center. to do it without the tool ... you need a VERY powerful impact gun OR a socket wrench and a LONG cheater bar. also to keep the crank from turning try having someone in the car with their foot on the brake and put the car in gear.

fritcr
06-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks man! I finally got it off of there after breaking 3 - 1/2 inch extentions. Anyway, I'm cruising along now. I'll probably have more questions. I have my head back with the new (non bent) valves in it! I put the new water pump on last night and will try to work on putting the head back on tonight or tomorrow night.
Thanks again,
Rob

Beyond Imagination
06-16-2004, 01:14 PM
craftsman offers cheap yet good tools. lifetime warranty on them also! :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!