Two-Tone Escalade EXT

Gafoto
06-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Right now this EXT is about 75% done. I've got most of the paint on but there are a few details I want to add (hence the reason why it doesn't have a page at my site).

I'm still really hesitant to paint the whole wheel red. Right now its a red spinner and a chrome back and I was thinking I could paint the back either red or arctic white. Also if anyone has suggestions for interior details I'd love to hear em.

Note that I removed the running boards. Anyone think i need to compensate for those by adding something?

http://www.ottercreeksoftware.com/onyxautoshopfolder/onyxautoshop/pics/photoshopped/ansonescaladetwotone/PSDansonescaladetwotone1.jpg

http://www.ottercreeksoftware.com/onyxautoshopfolder/onyxautoshop/pics/photoshopped/ansonescaladetwotone/PSDansonescaladetwotone2.jpg

Rubberband Man
06-14-2004, 10:41 AM
dang that thing is awesome I think you should paint the inside of the wheel white. Man I wish I could do paint jobs like that.

KustmAce
06-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I dont like the color choice at all...

That being said, you did do a great job on it:biggrin:

I think it needs its running boards back too. And leave the chrome on the wheels chrome.

:thumbsup:

FlySkyline
06-14-2004, 11:37 AM
lets start with this- what scale is it?

are you going to paint the front ground effect? i think it would look much better- here is a quick and crude pic i did
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/FlySkyline/do2.jpg

i have a interior few ideas i would like to share with you- so i will draw up some ideas today during finals at school. also could you take a quick interior pic so i can see whats in there?

and for the rims- paint them white

EMAXX
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Looks hot.
Like Skyline said, there needs to be a few more things done to it. You said that it wasn't done yet though. Keep us posted on how it goes.

DiecastCustomz
06-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Is it me or did you just take the plastic piece off of a red EXT and put it on the white one. I was going to do that to put silver on a black EXT but the problem comes when you go for the bumper since it is connected to the rest of the body.

KustmAce
06-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Note that I removed the running boards. Anyone think i need to compensate for those by adding something?

Curb feelers...

:grinno:

Gafoto
06-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Is it me or did you just take the plastic piece off of a red EXT and put it on the white one. I was going to do that to put silver on a black EXT but the problem comes when you go for the bumper since it is connected to the rest of the body.
The pieces were removed and repainted, I didn't just pry some off another EXT.

I think I will paint the front bumper area as suggested. The wheels (not the spinners) will get painted white, so the wheels will also be two-tone.

I'm was also considering painting the door handles red. I'll get some interior pics soon.

mike@af
06-14-2004, 03:42 PM
While your at it why not paint the bed molding...

FlySkyline
06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
i like the red handles, may i suggest shaving the 3rd taillight, i think it looks hideous

DiecastCustomz
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM

The pieces were removed and repainted, I didn't just pry some off another EXT.

I think I will paint the front bumper area as suggested. The wheels (not the spinners) will get painted white, so the wheels will also be two-tone.

I'm was also considering painting the door handles red. I'll get some interior pics soon.

I take my comment back. Can't wait to see the finished product . . .one suggestion paint the lower piece on the tailgate. The rear molding will flow better with that lower piece on the tailgate painted. IMHO.

TexasF355F1
06-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Not too sure about the paint combo. But I'm gonna wait for the final job to make a decision.

turbo type-r
06-16-2004, 05:30 PM
y dat idea is sik im gonna do it on one of my r/c body

Afrofent
06-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Wow, look's exceptionally good. It make's me want to go get a few of my Dub's w/ spinners and paint them, lol. Good job.

Add your comment to this topic!