Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G P S Security - Who Makes It?

software23
01-23-2002, 09:21 AM
I have been looking for a GPS security system for my Honda. However the only company I have came across is LoJack. LoJack is not GPS and is not available in my area.

Does anyone know of any GPS security companies for autos?

A device that attaches to your car and the police can track if theft has occured... :flash:

98civicex
01-23-2002, 10:58 AM
i'm not sure but, i just bought my viper 800 and it has available the gps. but like i said, i am not sure. maybe it is called somehting else beside gps? but i think it has it.
hope that mumble jumble helps you out :)

sparq
01-23-2002, 12:54 PM
Can I ask WHY you want something like that?

Most cars that are stolen are taken for two reasons. To joyride, or to strip them down. And lets get it all out there... someone "joyriding" in your car is not good, trust me ive seen it alot of times ~ running over curbs, leaving rubber marks anywhere they can, abusing the car because hey ~ it aint theirs. And how a joyride usually ends is they hit something somewhere and end up leaking some important fluid (take your pic) or, for fear of getting caught will dump it in a river/lake...

Now, lets say the person that steals your car is going to deliver it to a chop shop. First off, suppose they manage to NOT short out the GPS unit. Your watching some long movie at the theatre, you come out 2 hours later and the car is gone... do you know how car you can get in a car in two hours? The theif could already have the car at the chop shop and once the car starts getting taken apart it will be found and taken out... therefor, no more tracking...

...do you REALLY want your car back from either situation? The odds are stacked against you in either case. So why not just take the extra money and put it towards full coverage on your car. :smoka:

spy54
01-23-2002, 02:55 PM
sparq always there with the good info but if you had it then your insurance bills for full coverage would probly be cheaper and so you could ahve full coverage at a lower price and if it never is stolen hey you have peace of mind and it wille ventually pay itself off :D i win:p

Add your comment to this topic!