Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

shifting help

k3rnel
06-13-2004, 10:11 PM
is there a simulator on the internet to download to simulate a manual transmission?

thanks!

public
06-14-2004, 03:03 AM
I don't know of one. Just go out and stall the car a few times around the neighborhood. It's funny and you will figure it out in no time at all. Just picture a see-saw between the gas and clutch pedals. One goes up, the other goes down at the same speed. Good Luck.

joebowlr21
06-14-2004, 03:05 AM
no.But why don't u go an play Ferrari challenge an play intermediate mode.This allows you to use a clutch and if u don't use it properly, u get the grin noise.Also, if not used properly in first gear u can stall out the car.

public
06-14-2004, 03:15 AM
Sounds like a pretty cool game. I am a little out of the loop on the game stuff.

INF3RN0666
06-14-2004, 05:53 AM
LOL, that's a hilarious question. It would be quite useless to have such a game since most people don't have the equipment to support it. If you actually want a game that will teach you to drive standard and you have $100, then go to a radioshack or futureshop store and buy yourself a good steering wheel with a clutch. It will include a demo game that will allow you to use the clutch realisticly.

I bought a steering wheel but it didn't have a clutch, so it's useless. However, it's really easy to drive manual.

Learn how to start up by riding the clutch (not recommended) but it's the easiest way to get going. Press the clutch pedal and shift into first. Slowly start releasing the clutch and when you feel that it's about to engage, slowly add gas while slowly removing your foot off the pedal. When the car is at about 2000 RPM, press the clutch pedal, shift into second and release the clutch pedal smoothly. Once you get more experience, people start shifting faster and more aggressively. I learnt how to drive manual on my friend's car. The only thing that I found hard to do was brake while moving. I hated having to clutch while braking!

k3rnel
06-14-2004, 03:15 PM
thanks for the help, im gonna go get a wheel and clutch now. i hope that game is 4 xbox :_p

rubix777
06-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I think for $100 you can also get some cheap 80's corolla or civic that is manual.

Reed
06-15-2004, 02:17 PM
ha totally go with a $100 dollar car over a game. you can't crash a game into things for fun. and you certainly cant set it ablaze and drive it into a lake.

INF3RN0666
06-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah, in a game you can't feel crashes or broken legs. In a game, you can't get fines and a slap on the head from your dad for torching the car. And one more thing, in a game the cars wil work, lol!

Add your comment to this topic!