Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

installing cruise control on 01

dabadesign
06-11-2004, 05:44 PM
I purchased a saturn crusie control assy from a salvage yard and i want to install it on my SL1. I have never done anything like this before and and not sure where to get started, i have spend some time under the dash of my car and have made guesses as to where to mount it and how to hook it up, but would like to be sure before i make the attempt. Can anyone help, lead me through intstalling it?

ke6960
06-28-2004, 08:44 AM
if u dont get an answer here i would try asking on http://www.saturnspot.com/forum/index.php

dabadesign
06-28-2004, 10:25 PM
well i figured it out, it was basically plug and chug, everything is prewired and all i had to do was finf the wire harness and bolt bolt hole that are existing. However the steering wheel removal was challenging. me and my dad got it off, but it was a pain, then we unplugged the old wires, plugged in the new wires and put the wheel back on, easier to put back on... The problem after all this, however was that it had to be programed into the computer so i had to take it to the Saturn dealership and they programed it for me there. now it all works and looks great!!!

Add your comment to this topic!