Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dirty Engine ?

Kdizzle
06-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok my ENGINE IS SUPER DIRTY.... don't ask why but is their anything special I need to know to clean it?

351wStang
06-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Cover the electrical stuff, get some degreaser, and go to the car wash.

thunderbird muscle
06-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Try to do it when the motor is cold.

HiFlow5 0
06-11-2004, 02:09 AM
I use to use "Foamy Engine Brite" before shows or meets. When the engine is cold, cover the dist and other MAF sensor, spray the foam on the engine, let it sit, then hose off. You can even use a toothbrush while its soaking to get at the real baked on dirt parts. After you rise and it drys, use Armoral Whips and clean up the hoses and other plastic parts for a killer shine.

GTStang
06-11-2004, 04:40 AM
I saw ya engine bay it didn't shine at all!!!!!!! LoL

HiFlow5 0
06-11-2004, 09:40 AM
I saw ya engine bay it didn't shine at all!!!!!!! LoL
I saw your GT, it didn't have a stroked 351 in it.

GTStang
06-11-2004, 07:01 PM

Thanks for reminding me :banghead:

thunderbird muscle
06-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I live on a dirt road, its pointless to clean off the motor! Oh well I can try I just have to wash it more often. Where can you find a dress up kit for the 4.6 do you guys know? I'm looking into one, but want one thats worth a crap!

motor_head_429
06-13-2004, 12:48 AM

:lol: That's funny

I'm taking mine to a show Sunday, so I just gave it a major clean-up. I'll probably post pictures of my engine after I get back from the show.

GTStang
06-13-2004, 04:48 AM
:lol: That's funny

I'm taking mine to a show Sunday, so I just gave it a major clean-up. I'll probably post pictures of my engine after I get back from the show.

Yea Craig is turning into quite the ball buster... I think the Notch has rotted his brain!

But if you do a search Craig has some pics of his engine bay after he cleaned it. Looked cleaner than any engine bay I ever had so I'd listen to what he said. I just said something nice about him... ewww I feel so dirty.

HiFlow5 0
06-13-2004, 07:30 AM
WOW, I think you just brought a tear in my eye. Oh wait, it was a piece of dust.

Seriously though, pics of my engine are in my gallery if you wanna see how it looked after I cleaned it.

Oh and Bobby, I think the notch has rotted my brain, seeing how I got my first kill friday in it. Not bad for a stock motor, granny shifting driver. New motor is going in first week of July, if you wanna take part let me know.

GTStang
06-14-2004, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=HiFlow5 0]WOW, I think you just brought a tear in my eye. Oh wait, it was a piece of dust.
[QUOTE]

LoL!

What was your kill of?!?!?!?!?!

You switching motors from your GT or you got something else now?

I'll think I'll be able to head out west to help you out.

HiFlow5 0
06-14-2004, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE=HiFlow5 0]WOW, I think you just brought a tear in my eye. Oh wait, it was a piece of dust.
[QUOTE]

LoL!

What was your kill of?!?!?!?!?!

You switching motors from your GT or you got something else now?

I'll think I'll be able to head out west to help you out.
It was against a 90 GT I think. Hard to tell exactly in the dark. He has exhaust some glowing gauge thingy, a free air rear bumper and 10 holes on the front. Looked pretty ghetto to me. I pulled up behind him at a light, when we started moving he punched it, so I followed suit and pulled into the lane next to him and started slowly walking him (his nose was at my door) till he had to stop because of a turning car. Then we met up at another light just down the road, I said hi to him and he was like "yo." Light turned green and we got on it. I could here him spinning, but I hooked rather well and walked him by 2 cars before he turned. Funny thing was, he shifted a hell of a lot worse them me. Can you believe that?? LOL

But anyway, yeah the motor from the GT is going into the coupe and vise versa. You wouldn't happen to have an engine hoist I could borrow, would ya? Oh and what about those long tubes, what you want for them?

GTStang
06-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Engine hoist..... what's that?

My uncle is borrowing mine but I should be able to snag it back for you. Just kinda remind me a week before it's time so I don't forget.

Add your comment to this topic!