Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with 99' Rodeo

tgime7
06-10-2004, 02:26 PM
I have a 99' Rodeo that so far has been a great vehicle. It's actually my husbands but since he is overseas I am on my own with it. For the past few days it has been jerking, mostly when shifting form 1st to 2nd (automatic). I took it in for a diagnostic and they found nothing. Any clues? It has about 86,000 miles on it...tune up? tranny flush? I am at a loss...

amigo-2k
06-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Tranny Flush yes. When was it last done? If you have flushed it a couple of time over the years, I would then have the pan dropped and have the filter replaced. Then next year have it flushed again (dropping the pan will only get about half of the tranny fluid out).

Suggestion #2.

The jerking could be caused by a fault electrical system. If your batter is over 4 years old replace it. If the battery is still newer, have it tested.

AND have the altinator tested too. Why? Well if the alt is putting out to much or too little power the computer systems on newer cars would run right. Which might be the cause for the jerking.

Check out my FAQ link below for more Rodeo maintaince things.

-Ryan

tgime7
06-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Thank You! I Am Going To Try The Tranny Flush First Since I Know It Has Been A While And I Will Have The Alternator Tested Too. The Battery Is Brand New...the Other Died Last Week So It Should Be Good. Thanks Again!

johnsm
06-10-2004, 06:29 PM
If you are low on tranny fluid it will jerk when going from first to second gear. You may be leaking tranny fluid. Check the bottom of the tranny to see if you have any leaks (pan gasket, drain plugs). If you get it flushed, make sure who ever does it knows what they are doing. Do a search on tranny fluid and you will find posts on how to fill the tranny.
Remember there is no dipstick.

John

2eyefishclaw
06-10-2004, 09:59 PM
I would be willing to bet that its your teans range switch. It will set a trouble code but for some reason the only way that I have been able to retrieve it is using Isuzu's P/C diagnostic software (ICS) our TECH ll wont even pick up on it.
First check for any leaks, especially at the pass. side of the transmission if there is nothing there, take it to your local Isuzu dealer have them connect to (ICS) be specific do not use TECH ll
have them check for freeze framae data and there
should be data for DTC P0705 trans range sensor (illegal position)

this is a very common problem
another genuine GM part gone bad

tgime7
06-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks I will try all of the info you guys have given me. My only concern is the nearest Isuzu dealership, that I know of, is like 100 miles from me. Should I be worried that the car will not make it that far and do you know of any other dealerships that may be able to help me?

habenero2002
06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
an intake gasket leak can also cause this

Add your comment to this topic!