Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Flowmasters, and other Exhaust ?'s

Kdizzle
06-10-2004, 01:33 PM
2002 V6

How do I make it Loud?

H-pipe, flowmaster 30's? Or is their a louder way?
I think the muffler place I called said their wasen't enought room for straight pipes(??) but I don't know, and I'm sure some of you do so lemmie know. Thanks in Advance

Desert Stallion
06-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Do you want obnoxiously, annoyingly rice burner loud, or do you want something that sounds halfway decent and you won't get thumbs down from the other Mustang owners with?

I found that the 3.8 with a H-pipe and hi-flo cat's backed by a 2 1/4" Magnaflow catback has an almost V8 sound and mellow enough to drive daily but deep enough that when you get on the throttle the other muscle car guys won't follow you home and glue type R badges to your trunk while you sleep.

Just me though, straight pipes, cherry bombs and glasspax belong on old rusted out Cheby trucks and Camaros.

Kdizzle
06-10-2004, 08:40 PM
30's flowmasters = glasspacks?

thunderbird muscle
06-10-2004, 08:44 PM
hey straight pipes sound good to me thats what I have on my 4.6 T-bird and I've had many compliments, but again its just me.

Desert Stallion
06-10-2004, 08:46 PM
The single chamber Flowbastards resonate like Hell and are just noisy, might as well be glasspax.

If you want good sounding exhaust, Magnaflow, the welded UltraFlo ovals, Bassani, etc.

Kdizzle
06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Desert, give me a full idea. Something that won't buzz would be nice.

HiFlow5 0
06-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Headers, Pace Setter H-pipe (for true duels), and a nice cat back.

Now I would recomend staying away from a chambered muffler such as Flowmasters. Dynomax Superturbo's will have a nice mild yet agressive sound without being obnoxiously loud. Magnaflow's will have a mellow idle, but have a very unique sound under throttle, may sound the best with a 3.8. MAC will be a little more raspy, less drone then the Dynomax, but louder then Magnaflow, maybe a little too raspy for a 3.8.

GTStang
06-10-2004, 11:17 PM
I've did at least 4-5 V-6 to true dual set-ups at work and to be honest the best sounding out of all the one's I did was the Bassani cat-back for V-6 Stangs which wasn't true dual and only had a one muffler set-up.

Really had a nice deep sound and the whining V-6 sound never came through at the higher RPM's like all the other cat-backs with true duals. If I had a V-6 I would use this cause it makes it sound like a nice V-8 more than any other.

Kdizzle
06-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I heard a sunfire today at Mcdonnalds that was loud/deep. Wish I knew what he had :D

Add your comment to this topic!