Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problems starting in the morning.

parkster89
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
i have an isuzu rodeo 2000. every morning i have troubles starting my car. it'll start eventually but when it does it feels like my engine drops and make a clunky noise. sometime it wont even fire up. just the starter will turn and turn. the weird thing about this is after the car starts in the morning and i drive it to work. it'll work fine for the rest of the day. no problems at all. any ideas?

cheekbn
06-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Have you checked your battery lately? sounds like it is weak and when you drive it, it is being recharged. Just a thought.

parkster89
06-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Have you checked your battery lately? sounds like it is weak and when you drive it, it is being recharged. Just a thought.

i have had persistent problem with my car stuttering when i reach an rpm of about 4000 or higher. but even that was inconsistent. sometimes it would stutter when i was would just idle. pretty much my tachometer would jump up and down and my check engine light and also my cruise control light would come on and off.

as a result i ended up changing oil filter, fuel filter, fuel injection service done. that seemed to have solved the stuttering problem somewhat, but it still does happen time to time, but less frequently. now my car seems to have trouble starting in the morning. does the intake gasket have anything to to with it?

parkster89
06-10-2004, 03:11 PM
by the way...i have also experience the absolute NON customer service at the dealership. i went there twice for this problem and each time they did a little maintenance and sent me on my way. and of course, with my problem unresolved. got the good ole "we dont see anything wrong, bring it in if it keeps happening." well...i refuse to pay them any more money.

amigo-2k
06-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Have you replaced the plugs lately? If so, did you use the OEM recomended ones?

Also, it could be a bad intake manafold gasket. After it warms up it seals itself and the truck will run fine.

If you are the first owner it will be replace by the dealer for free.

if you are the second owner and under 60k it will be replaced for free.

-Ryan

rodeo02
06-10-2004, 06:07 PM
A bad fuel pressure regulator will also cause an intermittent hard start condition.
G/luck
Joel

2eyefishclaw
06-10-2004, 10:02 PM
most common fix for this concern is PCM reprogramming or as Rodeo02 mentioned Intake gaskets

Add your comment to this topic!