Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'98 Yuk fnt/rear air problem

plh_in
06-10-2004, 12:06 PM
My a/c blows really cold air via the rear vents, but only somewhat cold air in the front vents. Is there some type of flap or something that not opening/closing correctly??

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

krewl1
06-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I to am having this exact same problem. The front is about 60 degrees and the rear is in the 40's.

plh_in
06-18-2004, 12:40 PM
With exactly 0 input/hints from this forum,...... we blew the lines in both directions and found a "little" debris that appears to have been causing the problem. The vehicle has ~100kmi on it, & the debris looked normal for that age. In any event, you may want to try this ..... other problem area as I found out, could be your evaporator...pray its not that as that runs into much more $$.

I to am having this exact same problem. The front is about 60 degrees and the rear is in the 40's.

krewl1
06-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the tip. I think I have a blockage to since the back blows cold. I am a DIYer so I appreciate the help.

krewl1
06-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Well here is how I finally solved the problem. Thanks go to the people that helped me look in the right direction. I first removed the drier/accumulator (silver round container by passenger firewall). I then removed the small line right below it which was leading to the evaporator. I blew out the lines to make sure there was no obstruction there. I then disconnected the small line leading to the condesor which is located behind the passengar running light in the grill. I then blew that out both ways. I then found the orifice tube which was located directly under the air filter in the ac line. It is in the same line that we just took off. I used needle nose pliers to get it out. I figured since I was there I might as well replace the accumulator and orifice tube and then recharged it. Easy way may be to take the orifice tube out first to see if it is clogged.All is well now. Hope it helps someone down the road.

Add your comment to this topic!