Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A few things..

KaMaKaZiPyRo
06-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok got a few things, in the future i plan on adding some -ons to my b18c swap and wanted to know after i get I/H/E and maybe turbo what next?? And I found this website called www.full-race.com and they got turbo kits and w/e but the thing is is that they say that the lowest one they have puts out like 450hp and i dont know everything but is that like really the amont of hp it puts out or wat? and i know that those kits would prolly be for just dragging but what would be a downfall to having it in the street? and what all would i have to do to lower the compression on the b18c to add turbo i know i always ask that but i wanna get it straight.. so far i think from what i got from u guys was that id have to get low compression pistons, re-sleeve, and get bigger head gaskets is that it? and i seriously dont know about the whole psi and lb about turbos so if anyones gatta site that explains it then uh you should post it or smthin lol..O ya and after all these mods and wat not like aftetr the turbo what kinda gas am i guna have to use and wats the gas milage gunna be like??

Beyond Imagination
06-09-2004, 08:15 PM
first off if you're going turbo than what's the point of buying intake/header/exhaust? the full race stage 1 turbo can can produce up to 450hp. that is the output of the turbo itself and nothing to do with how much hp your car will produce. there is no downfall to running that turbo as a daily driver if a good EMU/FMS is used for tuning. you COULD lower compression to say 9.0:1 by changing pistons if you wanted. no need to have it sleeved unless you are running high boost and pushing about 300+hp.

Beyond Imagination
06-09-2004, 08:18 PM
this site is for the g2 but it has some good info about turbos
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

KaMaKaZiPyRo
06-09-2004, 09:12 PM
so ure sayin i should have stock exhaust and headers wit no intake if i got a turbo?? cuz i dont know any turbo kits that come with either or those cept the intake. o ya thanx for the site

Beyond Imagination
06-10-2004, 01:30 AM
WELL ... since you're going turbo i'd suggest using either a 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust. you'd have to have a muffler shop mate up the 3 inch to your existing 2 1/4 inch pipe you have at the moment (depending on your car i guess). BUT if you had the turbo at this moment you'd have a 2.5 or 3 inch downpipe. SO at this moment if you were to get an exhaust go for a 2.5 - 3 inch one. the muffler you can use for later on. headers you won't need anyways because with a turbo you'll have a turbo manifold on there. keep your stock one on till you get the turbo. for intake you'll be throwing away your short ram or cold air intake whatever you have since you won't be needing that either. your manifold will be connected to your intercooler. i don't think any of the turbo kits you looked at come with an intake. some DO come with an air filter though. take a look at this picture and you'll understand.

http://www.full-race.com/images/products/products/fullsize/turbokits/016.jpg

KaMaKaZiPyRo
06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
alrite, but the only reason I asked about the intake was cuz i saw an engine pic, not sure wat car, and it had 2 intakes, there was one were the turbo was connected to the intake unless some people juss use that instead of the intercooler??? But thanx for the info

CivicSpoon
06-10-2004, 02:50 PM
That's to filter the air going into the turbo and to get the air from a colder place away from the exhaust manifold. But it doesn't replace the intercooler. I know greddy has them for their turbo kits, my buddy just put one on his b16.

KaMaKaZiPyRo
06-10-2004, 03:11 PM
ooo alrite, thanx, but whats up the the two short rams, the one i saw was on cardomain and it didnt have a turbo so wared they both go? or is that wat u were talkin about?

civickiller
06-10-2004, 10:51 PM
some people like to use 2 filter to try to get more air into there turbo or into there intake manifold for na

KaMaKaZiPyRo
06-10-2004, 11:51 PM
O ya and can anyone answer the gas milage Q, after turbo?

civickiller
06-11-2004, 06:48 AM
well if you get a alittle bigger turbo that spools alittle late, and get a real good tune, your gas mileage will stay the same, assuming you stay out of boost. idk how much gas mileage you would get when you go into boost alot

staying out of boost and drive regular, your gas mileage will stay the same, assuming its tuned good and you stay out of boost

KaMaKaZiPyRo
06-11-2004, 12:41 PM
ight, thanx

DeleriousZ
06-11-2004, 06:22 PM
2.5 in. pipe should be sufficient.. you won't see any benifiets going to 3 in. until you're making around 700 hp..:rolleyes: you'll just reduce ground clearance... generally 2.5" is good to around 500 hp.
if you find some way to mount 2 intake filters with a turbo in there.. please.. let me know, cause i'll come personally congradulate you.. the room in the engine compartment is hella tight once you get a turbo in there..
theoretically, if you're never boosting more than .5-1 psi your gas mileage should improve, because turbo's increase the efficiency of your engine.. just my :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!