Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Audi Hot Rod

DemoX
06-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi

I'm thinking of Building a Audi Hot Rod from scratch, using some parts from Audi and some redesigned parts in cooporation with Audi, I'm considering the Audi 4.2L, V8, Placed in center, mounted transverse and a 6-Speed Manual gearbox, so it's RWD.
400-500 horse's and i'm hoping for a topspeed of about 200 mph (320 km/h)

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Bo Sørensen

Jimmy154
08-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm thinking of Building a Audi Hot Rod from scratch, using some parts from Audi and some redesigned parts in cooporation with Audi, I'm considering the Audi 4.2L, V8, Placed in center, mounted transverse and a 6-Speed Manual gearbox, so it's RWD.
400-500 horse's and i'm hoping for a topspeed of about 200 mph (320 km/h)

What do you guys think?

I think this forum should ask you what country you're from when registering. Anyway here in America they have a crap show called American Hot Rod, I still watch it sometimes because I still like to see the building aspect.

I've always wondered why I've seen a hotrod with a midmounted engine, on the show or anywhere for that matter. Not only are all the rotrods I've seen on the show not midmounted in the back but they don't even try to compensate for bad weigh distribution. I suspect a lot of hotrods in America are this way. Transverse mounted means it's just turned 180 degrees parellel to the bottom of the car?

The engine is going to remain naturally aspirated? I would think you could get from 335 hp to 400 easy without turbos. So where are you from that you would build an Audi hotrod with a mid-mounted engine, that has very good airodynamics (you hope for 200 MPH with 400-500 HP)? I'm assuming it's not America unless you just escaped from a psychiatric hospital.

Add your comment to this topic!