Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi C-West Impreza

Andy Jones
06-09-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure if I was the only one stupid enough to order one but thought I'd post a pic in case anybody was interested.(I actually intended to ditch the order but when I got round to it it was being processed for shipping).
My initial impressions are that it's not too bad (although overpriced - I know it's got resin & white metal parts but geez ! - unless its a licensing thing with C-West ?). The resin parts consist of the front bumper, side & rear skirts and seem to have less fitment problems than the Garage Mak Silvia. Rear wing is white metal and again looks ok to me. Wheels aren't the ones in the kit which look too small IMO (they're the ones from the Aoshima Jun Accord).
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/67086imp_002-med.jpg
Anyway just thought I'd give you a heads up on it - I'll post more progress when I make some !.

nervestrikes
06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Looks ok to me too! When you say overpriced...how much was it.

Andy Jones
06-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Looks ok to me too! When you say overpriced...how much was it.
3610 yen and that's with early bird discount

Vric
06-09-2004, 03:13 PM
3800Y is way over priced for a fujimi kit.

nervestrikes
06-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Gooooodness, I didn't know it was that much. What is the point of them charging so much for there kits even though they make things that Tamiya doesn't. I guess that is an on going discussion that may never end. Whelp, I will live vicariously through your c-west then cause I won't be buying one. I will stick with my pre-ordered Porshe Carrera Gt.

tonioseven
06-09-2004, 03:19 PM
I like it but that too damn high! :eek:

BlueHand
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Looks like a pretty good kit, I have a C-west Legacy wagon on the way instead.. But then I might consider the scooby too, bit pricy, I heard it might be a limited run.

I always had trouble replacing suitable wheels from fujimi kits, they are on the small, I have previously purchased fujimi wheels and they have let me down, as they look different to the photos on the box.. :disappoin

but keep us posted on the kit, look forward to see more :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!