Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AMC Javelin SST

mentalmickey
01-22-2002, 01:24 PM
been looking at a 1973 javelin sst today and wondering whether to buy it or not. it's in a bit of a state and needs a good bodyrestoration. however it still runs and drives. i can do the bodywork and paint as thats my tradeskills.

what i want to know is, that despite being a bit of an ugly duckling, is this reqarded as a classic car? a muscle car? what are they worth, when in good condition? are parts easy to get hold of? i'm in the UK but there are companies here that get parts shipped over.

to tell the truth i've even heard of an amc javelin or even seen one of these in all the shows i've visited or read in the magazines so is it a rare car too? i intend to do a little bit of modification such as centerlines pro70's, custom exhuasts, but not a lot but generally restore it to how it was meant to be, use it and show it for a while before selling it to finance a another project, perhaps a '69 camaro z28!:D

so what i really want to know is would this be a good buy? its affordable and running well. all 5litres of v8!:D

GTStang
01-23-2002, 10:12 PM
I don't know about in the UK but in the US those are fairly rare cars as compared to like a Mustang and Camaro of those years. I have no clue what parts would cost but I figure somewhere in the same range as any classic car. Those cars are also know to be fast too. While it's not as sought after as say like an AMX, if you meet some1 who is into Classic Muscle cars will respect this car. As long as you don't spend too much on restoring it it is prob a good investment

mentalmickey
01-24-2002, 05:11 PM
i was told theres only about 20 in the uk and not all of them are on the road. they guy who has this one has two more, one shell and one drag car. i've been trying clubs but i'm not getting any response and i really need to know more about these cars. looks like i'm getting it anyway, my first american car let alone an old muscle car!!:p runs and drives, just needs a damm good body resto!! underside is great, just a bit battered and rusty!

GTStang
01-25-2002, 12:52 AM
Nice, love to here more people joining the brotherhood of Muscle Cars

THE4TH
03-22-2002, 08:19 AM
it's a nice car man... buy it , especially if you can work it yourself.. a good weekend project for ya ... and once your done you'll turn a few heads....

Add your comment to this topic!