Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

water in trunk

kewlcivic
06-08-2004, 12:35 PM
hi - I have a recurring problem of water seeping in to my trunk from god knows where. My entire trunk bed is consistently wet (it probably gets worse after it rains). I also see some moisture/water in my tail lights. Any ideas where this might be coming from and what I can do about it? its really annoying because its seeping through to my rears seats as well and staining up my entire back seat.thanks.

skubydobdo
06-08-2004, 12:37 PM
oh man i had the same problem in my 90. I took some silicone sealant for metal and put a bead all around the trunk under the lid. After that, i took clear silicone and put it all around the car where gaps had occured due to age. Voila!

scottdude
06-08-2004, 01:06 PM
You got a sunroof? If so the front drains were notorious for clogging and when they clogged the truck got full of water. Blow them out with air compressor. No sunroof check the seal around you tail lights. Good Luck

SenseiAccord
06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
yea i had the same problem with my 90 accord. What i did was take off my tail light (connected to car.. not trunk) and checked the foam gasket sealing the tail light to the car. The gasket was all deteriorating and went to honda and ordered a new one. It was like 10 bux or something and my trunk hasnt leaked since.

kewlcivic
06-09-2004, 08:53 AM
You got a sunroof? If so the front drains were notorious for clogging and when they clogged the truck got full of water. Blow them out with air compressor. No sunroof check the seal around you tail lights. Good Luck

thanks - i tried looking for the drains and I saw two holes on either side of the sunroof. I'm assuming these are the ones - they both are clean. I couldn't locate any rear drain holes (if they exist). I guess next step is to check the seal around the tail lights...thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!