Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Shock-Horror New Multipla!!!!!!!!!!!

Ion Pulse
06-07-2004, 04:34 PM
What was Fiat thinking??

The Multipla was something quirky,different and had character by the bucket load now Fiat has given it a restyle. Oh dear this has to get the award for ugliest car of the year. They've tryed to tone the styling down and give it a Stilo look. Its like plastic surgery from hell. No wonder Fiat's in such a financial state. Thank god they released the Panda and Idea in time.

http://fiat.bravepages.com/Fiat%20Multipla/Nuova%20Multipla%20a.jpg
Shock-Horror

Jimster
06-13-2004, 05:44 AM
I'm most inclined to agree with you there, grafting a Stilo-like nose onto a quirky body was a stupid move, if FIAT were unhappy with the sales, then a complete redesign would have been easier (If more expensive).

Though just between you and me, the design is starting to grow on me...

mortenkristofferse
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
First time i saw this one....AAAARGHHH!!
Makes me ashamed of being a Fiat-lover!
The old model was at least honest, said "I want transport for my family, dont care about the design!"
But this one is not honest, It says "Driver is a nerd, thinks he is cool while running errands for his family!"
The old one was a bit charming because it was so ugly, the new one is like a crossdresser...tries to look a babe, but the truth is just too obvious.....
The new Multipla almost matches the Ritmo in ugliness!!

Ion Pulse
06-18-2004, 03:25 PM
One good thing which could emerge from this messy restyle is that Fiat will be puting its 1.9Multijet Diesel engine whcih produces 140bhp in it. This will probably give pretty good performance and Euro IV emissions.

Multipla HGT anyone ?? Mind you it would look worse with big alloys and a bodykit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chacal
12-31-2004, 09:30 AM
Multipla is the only "driver's car" among the MPVs. It is the only one you can throw into a bend like a hooligan without the fear of turning into part of the landscape...

That said, it was a bit ugly... now, it is a bit ugly - but it is a different uglyness! Perhaps people will like it more.

Also, I thing Picasso is, by far uglier than the old or the new Multipla - but that's my opinion!

Add your comment to this topic!