Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Upgrading 2001 Yukon Dash to Nav & DVD

akonya
06-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Has anyone upgraded a 2001 dash to a navigation/DVD dash the same or similar to the ones that are offered in the newer models? I want to upgrade the dash but I do not want to lose the steamlined factory look. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

jaypeso
06-07-2004, 10:55 PM
you cant add factory navigation to any truck unless its 2003 or 2004 with the bose sysytem i just did this swap in my truck and its wonderfull but only if u have 1 of those year trucks

Vroom2
06-08-2004, 10:23 AM
I recommend talking to a Delphi warranty shop. I've done a bit of business with Speed-o-Tach out of Concord, CA. Their website is http://www.sotelectronics.com (http://www.sotelectronics.com/). They sell the factory deck, and I could swear I've heard you can install it in a pre-2003 vehicle. Not sure on the cost though - I've heard the new Pioneer systems are absolutely amazing and might be a better alternative. Good luck...

Take care,
Jerry

ldelgado02
09-17-2004, 12:19 AM
you cant add factory navigation to any truck unless its 2003 or 2004 with the bose sysytem i just did this swap in my truck and its wonderfull but only if u have 1 of those year trucks

Do you have part#s for the nav system you installed and what was the downside of doing this...i.e. you lose the 6 cd changer I assume...how do you play music now that you only have that one nav reader. I have a 2003 Yukon XL with the entertainment system integrated also in the roof and it talks to the integrated cd player/radio/XM unit.

tonytone
09-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Do you have part#s for the nav system you installed and what was the downside of doing this...i.e. you lose the 6 cd changer I assume...how do you play music now that you only have that one nav reader. I have a 2003 Yukon XL with the entertainment system integrated also in the roof and it talks to the integrated cd player/radio/XM unit.
You need to add the auxillary 6-disc changer that goes into the lower center console--you'll most likely need to either fabricate an opening to mount it or get an '03+ center console, IIRC.

Add your comment to this topic!