Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Compressor info

itechengineers
06-07-2004, 04:27 AM
hey im an air compressor newbeeeee....

how do i or what do i need to make the new setup i bought today regulate at a certain tank or tool PSI?

example...

I want my tool to have a max of 95 PSI but my compressor doesnt stop until 135 psi. Iwant it to stay at 100, I pull the trigger on my air gun, the needle goes down and then the pump kicks on to get the PSI back to 100.

i hope i didnt confuse anyone, but, in the example = is what i would like to learn about on making my compressor maintain a certain PSI even though it can hit 150 PSI.

on the compressor is does have a regulator knob that i can turn (its round and if you turn it clockwise = fully open on air to tool and counter clockwise it turns down the tool PSI). is that what i can use?

if im reading everything correctly, the compressor says it will automaticcally stop the motor from filing the tank at 150 PSI, can i change that or regulate that to 125 or 100 PSI?

What would i need to get or do you think its built in to the tank/rig?

thanks...

lxndr
06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
You should have two gauges on your compressor. One will show the pressure in your tank and the other is attached to your pressure regulator (the thing with the knob). To adjust the pressure regulator you will need to pull on the knob in order to unlock it. You will then need to let some air out of the hose while turning the knob until the pressure regulator gauge shows the pressure you want. To raise the pressure back up again, simply turn the knob up without letting air out. Your tank will always fill to 135 psi but the pressure regulator will control the amount of pressure coming out of it.

itechengineers
06-10-2004, 03:45 AM
AWESOME!! thanks a lot for the help!!!

Add your comment to this topic!