Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please i need help (advice) which models to buy!!

zomero
06-07-2004, 02:21 AM
hi

iwm sure almost every models builder standing in front of a problem like my.....i think it's the best problem in modeling!!

no what is your advice!?
[i interested in cars like: supra (tamiya's on for example), civic, evo.....]

i think o this models:

http://www.best1hobby.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=168&Product_Code=TA24123

http://www.best1hobby.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=168&Product_Code=TA24213

you have other models i might like?!
thank you very much
zohar

bill_kustomz
06-07-2004, 02:33 AM
i say u forget the cars and try a truck

zomero
06-07-2004, 02:40 AM
truck is cool man
but i crazy for Japanese cars!!!!
especially custom cars!

trucks- definitely later!

Bas Carwash
06-07-2004, 03:49 AM
The Supra comes with engine bay detail. It's probably more fun to build as the Evo is curbside. On the other hand, I don't know how skilled you are. Maybe it's a good idea to train your skills on the Evo and after that, build an awesome Supra...

zomero
06-07-2004, 04:08 AM
thank you for your quick answer!
skill?! i dont really know myslef ehat my skills are!

but i build some models before!

so i think i will go as your advice- build the evo first and only then build the supra.

but my big question is: do you know some more models i can interested in!?

i want to order this today....

thank u very much
zohar

TanKaBoY
06-07-2004, 05:28 AM
RX-7's!!!
im into Jap cars too (specially rx-7's)

rassdan
06-07-2004, 05:44 AM
i agree the rx-7's are a slick car

Bas Carwash
06-07-2004, 06:32 AM
RX-7's!!!
im into Jap cars too (specially rx-7's)

Are you into RX-7's??? Didn't notice that :lol: I agree an RX-7 would be nice too. My advice is to buy some Tamiya models first. They always fit perfectly so it's easy to stay out of trouble with these models. Next to the RX-7 you could try the S2000, Skylines, Celica, 350Z and I know I forgot some now :biggrin:

Vric
06-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Supra is a clasic

jswillmon
06-07-2004, 07:47 AM
thank you for your quick answer!
skill?! i dont really know myslef ehat my skills are!

but i build some models before!

so i think i will go as your advice- build the evo first and only then build the supra.

but my big question is: do you know some more models i can interested in!?

i want to order this today....

thank u very much
zohar
WELCOME,

The first thing you will want to do is read the FAQ, it will give you a few links to online shops that sell many japanese sports cars. You should not have a hard time finding models you enjoy to build. If you do a search in this forum for your favorite cars you can also see many excelent builds of tons of japanese cars.

zomero
06-07-2004, 09:22 AM
hi thank you all
so i'll order the rx7 also!

now about the - s2000, skyline. civic....i'll order when i have more money!

to jswillmon: thank you first of all!
i have read the FAQ long time ago....and some people here give me this site( in the first i want to order from squadron.com )
i konw some more jap cars i want but i want to ask you because you certainly have much more experience then me, and you can tell me models that are fun to build ( but not necessarily easy....)

thank you
zohar

proosen
06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Even though not a japanese car I would put my money into the Tamiya Lotus Europa, a very nice model indeed....both the subject and the kit. I have to get me another one as I melted the body after a bad paint job on the first one. Be advised do not use brake fluid DOT4 or higher to remove paint, it melts the plastic to!!!

Niclas

switchfootspeedman
06-07-2004, 12:22 PM
I would say try a 350Z or a Supra. The 350Z is one of the easier models from Tamiya and the engine on the Supra is fun to build. You make the choice. What is good for one person isn't always good for another. Whatever you pick have fun because that is what a modle is about. :iceslolan :iceslolan :ylsuper: :bananasmi

jswillmon
06-07-2004, 01:29 PM
you can tell me models that are fun to build ( but not necessarily easy....)

thank you
zohar

If it is a car you like they all should be fun to build. Don't worry about what people say about the quality. If you like the car you can have fun working around the bumps. But i agree the 350z and supra are excelent starters.

SupaMan89T
06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
the supra is a good choice i dont say that about the lancer because i havnt built it the supra is great tho i say you go with that.

Naseer23
06-07-2004, 05:06 PM
i would say the supra

Add your comment to this topic!